Friday, February 25, 2011

Flickr

Of everything we've looked at so far (and if I had to guess, of everything that we will look at), this is perhaps the one technology that I could see myself using.  Not likely, but it's possible.

I researched carnegie libraries in Louisville, beaches in California, and trains in Switzerland.  It is interesting what you can find, and I am absolutely blown away by the fact that there are over 5 billion photos in there!

I can see this as a useful reference tool with, again, kids doing a research project on their state or country, for example.  The possibilities are endless, really.

Here's one question:  If you pick "private" for your settings, is it really private?  I mean, basically, once anything is floating around somewhere on the Internet, can't people find it??

Thanks again!
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Alas, privacy! Nice posta and welcome to the 23 Things.
    -Jody

    ReplyDelete